The school has an enrolment of 621 students. There are twenty early childhood classes (Preschool to Year 2) and twelve senior school classes (Years 3 to 6) in 2020.
Macgregor Primary School has an active School Board and P&C Association and is supported by strong community relationships.
Other features of our school include:
- A strong Professional Learning Community environment focused on Literacy and Numeracy learning, developing positive classroom environments, establishing quality teacher/student relationships and providing responsive and supportive wellbeing initiatives
- A strong PBL (Positive Behaviours for Learning) program in its fourth year of implementation (in 2020)
- Specialist programs in The Arts, Spanish language and culture, Library and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics)
- Personalised learning through differentiated teaching practices in every classroom and three designated specialised learning support classrooms
- Regular access to Information and Communication Technologies
- Community singing, live music, Choir, music tutors and senior band programs
- Whole school Health and sustainability programs (Fresh Tastes and kitchen garden)
- Student Leadership Program (SLAM) and playground mediators
- Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) for Preschool to Year 6 from 7:30am to 6pm
- Experienced and skilled teaching and support staff who actively engage in professional learning, reflective practice and research