Parents and Citizens Association
The P&C Association promotes community participation in the activities of the school. All parents and guardians of students at the school are members and other interested individuals may become members. The P&C Association has a number of objectives including:
- promotion of the interests of the school;
- encouraging close collaboration between staff, parents and other citizens;
- provision of a forum where members can contribute to the development of the goals and policies of the school.
The P&C Association also conducts social functions and fundraising activities. All community members are welcome to attend monthly P&C Association Meetings. The Canteen, School Music Tutor Program, and the Uniform Shop are all groups that operate under the P&C Association umbrella.
Parking/Drop Off-Pick Up Procedures
Macgregor Primary School has limited safe parking areas in the front of the school and up near the preschool on Clode Crescent. In the interests of student safety and respect for the residents adjoining the school, parents and visitors are asked to only use designated car parks and never to double park.
In line with current recommendations for physical distancing, we have developed new school ‘drop off and collection’ procedures. At Macgregor we have called this process ‘Yerrabi (hello) Yuumma (goodbye)’ and pay respect to the Ngunnawal people by using their words of greeting and farewell.
- Cars will approach Macgregor Primary from the Western end of Hirschfeld Crescent and turn left onto the school grounds. We recommend that cars do not make a right hand turn into the grounds from the Eastern (Kippax) end of Hirschfeld Crescent
- The turning circle and a clear signed pathway through the staff carpark will lead to Yerrabi Yuumma zone (the drop off and collection area)
- Cars leaving the staff carpark are recommended to turn left onto Hirschfeld Crescent to avoid congestion on this street
Preschool Drop off (8:45)
- Preschool children will be met by our preschool staff at the Clode Crescent gate who will assist them into the building to begin the routines of the day
Primary School Drop off – there are five options
- Option 1: Parents can drop off and collect children from our new Yerrabi Yuumma zone where a staff member will assist the children alighting from the car and direct them to the playground or escort them to their classrooms.
- Option 2: Parents can choose to park in the overflow carpark off Hirschfeld Crescent and staff members will be waiting at the gate to assist your child to the playground
- Option 3: Parents can choose to park near or walk to Clode Place and staff members will be waiting at the gate to assist your child to the playground
- Option 4: Parents can park near or walk to the footpath gate that runs next to the carpark exit gate, Children will then be assisted to the junior playground
- Option 5: Parents can support their child to walk or ride to school or to be released from their parent about 50m to 100m away from the school
Preschool Collection (2:45)
- Parents of Preschool children are asked to wait outside the Preschool gate on Clode Crescent observing physical distancing measures. A member of staff will assist the children and release them to the care of their parent or carer outside the gate
Primary School Collection – there are five options
- Option 1: Primary children being collected by vehicle, will be assisted by staff to our new, Yerrabi Yuumma zone and wait under the veranda area until a staff member indicates that their parent has arrived. Parents will drive up, stop, a staff member will open the car door and help the children in the fastening of their seatbelts before the parent drives away. We will supply parents throughout the week with a sun visor sign for their car with the names of the children that they are collecting
- Option 2: Parents who choose to park in the overflow carpark off Hirschfeld Crescent and get out of their cars are asked to wait at the gate near the senior play equipment. Their children will be assisted to this gate and released for the afternoon
- Option 3: Parents who choose to walk or park in Clode Place wait at the gate. Their children will be assisted to this gate and released for the afternoon
- Option 4: Parents who choose to walk or park near the footpath gate that runs next to the Hirschfeld Crescent main carpark exit gate. Their children will be assisted to this gate and released for the afternoon
- Option 5: We encourage parents with older children (years 3 and up) to use part way points rather than using a school carpark. These could be a short distance from the school (e.g. anywhere from 100 metres) but help to reduce the number of cars needing to access the carpark. At Macgregor Primary we would suggest the carpark further down Hirschfeld Crescent towards Kippax
All permission notes for activities outside the school are returned to the school signed by a parent/carer. Students cannot attend an excursion without permission.
Please clearly mark your child's name on all personal belongings, including clothing. Unclaimed belongings are kept near the uniform shop. Items remaining at the end of each term are sorted - named items are returned to the children concerned and the remainder donated to charity.