Reporting to Parents
Assessment and Reporting to Parents
Macgregor uses a range of formal reporting strategies, all of which reflect student achievement in relation to the curriculum, both academic and non-academic, as well as their social development. These include:
- End of semester summative reports. (terms 2 and 4)
- End of semester A-E grade for each subject (except preschool and kindergarten)
- Digital portfolio via the Seesaw online platform (ongoing terms 1 to 4)
- Learning Journeys (term 3)
- Parent-teacher interviews (end of term 2 following semester one reports).
In addition to these school based reports, students in kindergarten will receive Performance Indicators in Primary School (PIPS) testing results at the start and end of their kindergarten year. This will indicate growth in both reading and in numeracy throughout the year.
Students in years 3 and 5 will also participate in National Assessment and Performance in Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) testing, which provide parents and schools with a quick snap shot of how a student is performing against other students (their age) across Australia
Macgregor Primary School believes that communicating student achievement in the most effective way possible is essential. Our aim is to develop a partnership between teachers, parents and students to ensure reporting is timely, accessible and informative.